Lily Pads™ Umbellata Umbrella Fig Tree Ficus umbellata
Select any icon above to view the complete collection.
Learn more about Proven Winners® leafjoy™ houseplants
Related to the fiddle leaf fig, except way less finicky and troublesome. Why not bring a Ficus umbellata into your houseplant collection? This African native isn't typically seen in cultivation. With distinctive, large leaves, this plant will provide a unique touch to your home or office.Adaptable As HouseplantFoliage InterestHarmful To:Pets
CharacteristicsPlant Type:HouseplantHeight Category:TallHeight:24 - 72 InchesFoliage Colors:GreenFoliage Shade:Light, olive-greenHabit:UprightContainer Role:Thriller
Plant NeedsLight Requirement:HighLight Requirement:Medium
Low - No direct sun, not near a window. Medium - Medium bright indirect light in the AM or PM, typically from an east or west window. High - Bright direct or indirect light for much of the day, typically from a south window.Maintenance Category:ModeratePreferred Temperature:60 - 85 °FWater Category:AverageHumidity Preference:HighContainer Soil Type:Indoor Potting MixNeeds Good DrainageUses:Bright SpacesUses Notes:
Not for human or animal consumption.Maintenance Notes:
- For optimal performance, keep at 60-85°F (15-29°C).
- Protect furniture when watering.
- Feed once per month at half strength when plant is actively growing.
- Ficus in general are NOT low light plants. Windows with no direct sun will work, but east or west windows with some direct sun are better choices.
- Allow the top 1-2 inches of the potting soil to dry out before watering again. Avoid letting it dry out completely.
- Use a well-drained potting mix. Adding perlite and orchid bark will improve drainage.
- Avoid draft areas (cold or hot) such as from heating/cooling vents and opening and closing doors, particularly during cold weather.