Just love love love this plant...so beautiful when it blooms and very easy to take care of...would love to add more to my garden.....
'Summer Skies' Butterfly Bush Buddleia x
- Hardy Zones
- 5 - 9
- Mature Size
- 48 - 60 Inches
Generally, plants that are in stock will be shipped within a week after your order is received.
Once it has shipped you will receive an email with your FedEx tracking number.
Occasionally plants may be trimmed before shipping to ensure fuller branching and flowering in your garden.
Variegated foliage is colorful all season. Fragrant violet-blue flowers. Attracts butterflies and hummingbirds. Fragrant. Deer resistant.
A showy accent plant for mixed borders and perennial beds.
Prefers well-drained soils. Prune to the ground in late winter/early spring.
A high-drama plant for the summer garden, its soft violet-blue flowers contrast beautifully with the bright yellow and white variegated foliage. This is a highly stable variety which is resistant to scorching.
Cold, wet winters can be really hard on buddleia, so here are a few tips to help your buddleia thrive in your garden:
1. Make sure the soil is well-drained. That place where the plow truck dumps snow in the winter? Not a good idea.
2. Full sun. That's at least 6 hours. No cheating.
3. Plant early in the season. This gives the plants all summer and fall to establish. Fall planting can be chancy in northern regions.
4. Wait until it leafs out in spring before pruning. In some years you may have to prune it back to the ground. After milder winters, maybe not so much. Avoid fall pruning.
- William CarletonBurnsvilleMississippiUnited States4 years ago