Gardening for Pollinators
Thank you for your interest in supporting your local pollinator populations! Each one of us can make a difference in our own gardens and communities, and collectively, we can create global impact.
We have gathered our best resources about pollinators here in one place for easy reference. Each of the links below contains a wealth of information and inspiration, and we encourage you to explore them all.
This is where you'll find a comprehensive list of articles from our website about annuals, perennials and shrubs that benefit pollinating bees, butterflies and hummingbirds.
Southern Gardens with Norman Winter
Do you garden in the South? Our southern gardening expert, Norman Winter, shares his favorite pollinator plants with you in these articles.
Pollinator Gardening on Proven Beauty
Do you know about beauty.provenwinners.com? This inspiring website is filled with garden project ideas, DIY tutorials and more. Many of the topics featured in our Gardener's Idea Book are covered here. Below are links to some of the pollinator garden information you'll find on Proven Beauty.
- How To Keep Mason Bees
- Pollinator Projects
- Cultivating a Bird-Friendly Garden
- Pollinator Garden Recipes with Annuals
- Make a Bird or Butterfly Bath from Colocasia Leaves
Here, you'll find numerous videos from our YouTube channel that relate to gardening for pollinators.
- Let's Design a Pollinator Garden - with Laura of Garden Answer
- Top 10 Flowering Shrubs for Pollinators
- A Pollinator Garden Must Have - 'Leading Lady Plum' Bee Balm
- Bring butterflies to your home with this gorgeous combination! - with Laura of Garden Answer
- Attract Hummingbirds with Vermillionaire Cuphea
- Watch a hummingbird in slow motion drinking from Vermillionaire Cuphea
- Get Ready for the Hummingbirds - with Jenny from Creekside Nursery
- Rockin Deep Purple Salvia...and a hungry hummingbird!
Proven Plant Pairings™ Design Tool
Use our free landscape design tool to find perennial and shrub pairings that will support pollinators in your garden. You'll start by entering your zip/postal code, then select traits that are important to you including "Attracts Pollinators".
Pollinator Idea Boards
Idea boards work a lot like Pinterest, but all of your ideas will be saved for you right here at provenwinners.com. You can create as many idea boards as you'd like, and save ideas from our suggested idea boards as a springboard for inspiration. Here are a few we've created on pollinator gardening.
- Yellow Plants for Bees
- Waterwise Butterfly Combination
- Red Flowers to Attract Hummingbirds
- Pollinator Plants at the Beekman 1802 Farm
- Native Plant Butterfly Combination
- Make It Hot Butterfly Combination
- Cool Hues Butterfly Combination
- Attract Monarch Butterflies
- Butterfly Container Companions
Protecting Our Pollinators
Wondering how Proven Winners propagators handle plants in production? This page explains our philosophy about growing young plants and answers many of the common questions we receive from home gardeners.
Container Recipes for Your Pollinator Garden
Many annual flowers are attractive to pollinating bees, butterflies and hummingbirds. Explore the container garden recipes linked below which include one or more of those plants to bring pollinators right up onto your porch or patio.
- Explore recipes featuring bidens for bees
- Explore recipes featuring Superbells® calibrachoa
- Explore recipes featuring Vermillionaire® Cuphea
- Explore recipes featuring Luscious® Lantana
- Explore recipes featuring Supertunia® petunias
- Explore recipes featuring Rockin'® or Unplugged® Salvia
- Explore recipes featuring Suncredible® sunflowers
- Explore recipes featuring Mojave® Portulaca
- Explore recipes featuring verbena
- More pollinator container recipes